No Rubbish cheese burger
Cheeseburger, a classic! This can be so delicious, but it is also so easy to do wrong. Your meat may be too dry, your sandwich may be over-fried or just too soggy from the sauce.
In this recipe I'm going to grill my lettuce, so you give your hamburger an extra dimension!
- 2 artisan sandwiches
- 2 burgers
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 head of lettuce romaine
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 slices of bacon
- Olive oil
- your favorite BBQ rub
- a skillet
Burger, Lunch, Kogel BBQ, Beef, Lettuce, Bacon, Cheese, sweet potato
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling in 2 zones at about 200 ° C. You do this by placing the coals on one side and lighting it (this is the direct zone) and leaving the other side of your BBQ empty (this is the indirect zone).
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into fries about 1cm thick.
Put them in a bowl with some olive oil and BBQ herbs. Shake everything well.
I used 'the INCREDIBLE' rub from No Rubbish, it tastes really good with sweet potato!
Cut the romaine lettuce in half, drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle some BBQ herbs over it.
Here I have used 'Hardcore Jaws' from No Rubbish, the pepper and citrus gives the lettuce a spicier touch that definitely goes with the burger!
4. Place the fries on a vegetable grid and place it on the indirect zone of the BBQ. Let it cook for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove the burgers from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature.
Since we already have 2 top herbs on our vegetables, I am not going to season them.
6. After about 10 minutes, place the burgers directly over the coals. Leave them on each side for 2 minutes and then move them to the indirect zone.
7. When the burgers are on the indirect zone, place a skillet on the grid, let it get hot and fry the bacon slices well until crispy.
You don't have to grease the skillet because of the fat on the bacon.
8. When the bacon is crispy it is the turn of the lettuce. Place the lettuce directly over the coals and grill until they have a nice color or grill lines. Afterwards, place them on the indirect zone.
9. Cut the buns in half, brush them with some olive oil and grill them briefly over the coals. This way, the sauce will not soak into the bun.
10. Now everything should be ready and we can start building our sandwich
Put some sauce on the bottom of your sandwich and roughly cut the lettuce into strips. Place the lettuce on the bottom bun.
Place the burger and a slice of cheese on top of the lettuce and top with the bacon.
Place the fries next to your sandwich and now: enjoy!