Entrecote with carrot cream
After receiving an invitation to the Facebook group BBQ 2.0 and the new program Ja Chef! I started this session very inspired. I made more use of pots and pans on the charcoal fire and put a deep fryer next to my BBQ. Don't be put off by the laundry list of ingredients, it's worth it!
- 2 Entrecotes
- 2 carrots, peeled and shaved into thin ribbons
- 5 carrots, peeled
- 50 ml of vinegar
- 50 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 20 grams of butter
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 small potatoes
- pepper and salt
- olive oil
Dinner, Beef, Carrots, Culinair, Kamado
1. Prepare the BBQ for immediate grilling. You do this by filling the entire BBQ with coal. I used a kamado for this recipe.
Let the BBQ come to about 200°C
2. Place a cooking pot, preferably one that can get dirty, on the grid and fill it with the water, vinegar and sugar. Stir well until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and then add the carrot ribbons. Set it aside and let the carrot ribbons draw until you are ready to dress.
3. Peel the potato and cut into 5mm thick slices. Boil the potato slices for about 3 minutes in boiling water with salt. After cooking, let them drain well on kitchen paper. It is important that they get as dry as possible!
4. Place the rest of the carrots on the grid and grill them until they start to have nice lines, then cut them into pieces. Keep a few tops with a piece of green for garnish, possibly put them in the sweet and sour liquid together with the carrot ribbons.
5. Place another pan on the grid. Chop a shallot and fry it with some butter or olive oil. Add the carrot pieces, bay leaf, orange juice and some salt. Then fill the pan with water, until everything is just under. Boil the carrots for about 15 minutes.
To give your cream some extra flavor, you can add a small block of smoking wood to your coals, preferably from a fruit tree such as apple or cherry.
6. Drain the carrots, but keep the cooking water. Puree the carrots with a hand blender to a nice smooth puree. Then add a knob of butter, stir it through and finally add salt and pepper to taste.
Season the entrecote with a little salt, pepper will come later, and grill for 2 minutes on each side to fry medium. Let him rest for a while.
8. Set your deep fryer to 190°C and fry the potato slices until golden brown.
You are now ready to dress your plate, enjoy!