Short ribs are a very nice piece of beef. The size of the ribs almost makes you feel like you are in the Stone Age and eating a mammoth.
- 1 short rib (approx. 1.8 kg)
- 2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika powder
- 4 large waxy potatoes
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 tablespoon of oregano, finely chopped
- 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tablespoons of coarse sea salt
- salt, smoked
- Pepper, coarsely ground
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1½ tablespoons of honey
- 150g white cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- pepper, finely ground
- salt, smoked
8 tot 10 h
Avondeten, Pellet Smoker, Rund
1. Remove the short rib from the refrigerator about an hour in advance to allow it to reach room temperature.
In the meantime, prepare your BBQ for indirect grilling at a temperature between 100 - 115°C. I myself used a pellet smoker, where I set the temperature to 115°C in steps of 20°C each time. I do this to prevent my BBQ from working too hard immediately, this can cause a build-up of pellets with a blockage as a result.
2. When the short rib is at room temperature you can start cleaning. Cut the thicker pieces of fat from the meat. Don't throw it away! You can use this fat to rotate between your burgers.
As with spare ribs, remove the skin from the bones. This only stops taste
3. When the meat is nicely clean, sprinkle generously with the herbs.
Place the short ribs on the BBQ and try to keep it at a temperature of 115°C.
Make a notch in the potatoes every 5mm. Make sure you don't cut the potato completely.
4. Drizzle the potatoes with some olive oil and fill the notches with the oregano leaves and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the potatoes on the indirect side of a BBQ preheated to 200°C and let them bake for 40 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, mustard powder, honey, salt and pepper for a honey mustard dressing.
6. After 30 minutes, sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the potatoes so that they form a nice crust.
In a salad bowl, mix well the white cabbage, red onion, carrot and flat-leaf parsley, add the dressing just before serving.
7. The meat is ready when it has reached a core temperature of 92°C. This slow cooking ensures that the fat melts very slowly and spreads through the meat.
Let the meat rest for 15 minutes before carving it.
Have a nice meal!