Black tripe haute-dog
Black tripe, you love it or you hate it!
In this recipe I combine the black tripe with slices of pear and some blue cheese, a surprisingly tasty but also fresh combination!
You can also briefly roast the pear and walnuts to accentuate the BBQ flavor even more.
- 4 hotdog buns
- 4 black tripes
- 2 pears
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100 g blue cheese
- 50 g of walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp chives, chopped
- 100 g lamb's lettuce
Lunch, Kogel BBQ, Varken, Haute-Dog, Streetfood
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling in 2 zones at about 200 ° C. You do this by placing the coals on one side and lighting it (this is the direct zone) and leaving the other side of your BBQ empty (this is the indirect zone).
2. Slice the pears and place them in the lemon juice. Let it draw.
Meanwhile, halve the hotdog buns.
3. Poke a few holes in the black tripe to allow the air that accumulates during baking to escape. If you don't do this, your rumen will burst and you will have a whole mess on your grill.
Place the black tripe directly over the coals and cook for 1 minute per side.
4. When your tripe has nice grill marks, move them to the indirect side of the BBQ. Let them continue to cook slowly, this can take about 10 minutes.
Brush the halved hotdog buns with some olive oil or butter and grill them briefly over the coals.
5. Rinse and dry the lettuce, place between the buns. Top it with a black tripe with a few slices of pear. Crumble over the blue cheese and finish with the chives and chopped walnuts.