Cheese dog met bacon
The evenings are getting shorter and colder. More and more you feel like eating from the Christmas market. Unfortunately, these will probably not be allowed to continue due to the strange times of today. Hence this recipe to bring the Christmas market to your home!
- 2 artisan sandwiches
- 2 Frankfurter sausages
- 1 tray of bacon, smoked
- 2 slices of cheese (cheddar or raclette)
- Handful of lamb's lettuce
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
lunch, Kogel BBQ, Streetfood
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling with 2 zones at about 200°C. You do this by filling 1 side of your BBQ with coal and leaving the other side empty.
Place your skillet on the grid above the coals and let it warm up slowly.
2. Put the bacon cubes in the skillet and fry well.
3. When the bacon cubes are well cooked, put the skillet on the indirect zone to keep the bacon cubes warm. Meanwhile, place the sausages on the immediate zone and grill them briefly until they start to have some streaks. Then put them on the indirect zone to heat up further.
Cut the buns in half while mixing the mayonnaise and parsley into a parsley mayonnaise. Spread this over the sandwiches.
5. Put some lamb's lettuce between the sandwiches and place the sausages on top. Place the cheese on top of the sausage and place it on the indirect zone for a while to let the cheese melt.
6. When the cheese has melted, place the bacon cubes on the bun.