Pork tenderloin with sweet potato
Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts of meat! Does it stand out?
With the thyme and mozzarella you give it a little Italian twist and you conjure up a beautiful and delicious dish on the table!
The Brussels sprouts provide the BBQ spicy taste, while the sweet potato gives the sweeter counter touch.
- 400 g sweet potato
- olive oil
- pepper and salt
- 800 g pork tenderloin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 balls of mozzarella
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 200g bacon cubes
- BBQ sauce
Avondeten, Pellet Smoker, Varken, Sweet Potato, Brussel Sprouts
1. Prepare a BBQ for indirect grilling at 220°C. I myself used a pellet smoker, where I set the temperature to 220°C in steps of 20°C each time. I do this to prevent my BBQ from working too hard immediately, this can cause a build-up of pellets with a blockage as a result.
Wash the Brussels sprouts and cut them into 2. Put them in a heat resistant dish and add the bacon cubes and BBQ sauce.
2. Slice the sweet potato and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss together. Let it draw.
In the meantime, place the dish with Brussels sprouts in the BBQ and let it cook for about 40 minutes
3. Cut open the pork tenderloin. Squeeze the garlic and spread it over the inside of the pork tenderloin. Top with the mozzarella in thick bars. Roll up and tie with kitchen twine. Sprinkle with your favorite BBQ rub and put some thyme between the strings. Place the sweet potato slices in a greased heat-resistant dish and sprinkle some thyme leaves on top.
4. Place the pork tenderloin on the indirect side of the BBQ and place the sweet potatoes next to it.
After 8 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180°C, you do this by turning off your air supply below and above the BBQ, and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes until the cheese starts to color.
5. The pork tenderloin is ready when it has reached a core temperature of 60°C in the thickest part. The sweet potatoes can be removed from the BBQ when they have become soft, if this is for the pork tenderloin, keep it warm in the oven.
Cut the pork tenderloin into portions and serve with the sweet potato and Brussels sprouts.
Have a nice meal!