Smelt cutlet with celeriac fries
This dish is really super tasty and healthy too! The fries made from celeriac in combination with the juicy pork are really delicious.
- ½ celeriac
- 2 smelt chops
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 dl light cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 35g peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons of cognac
- 2dl meat stock
Dinner, Kogel BBQ, Varken, Celeriac
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling with 2 zones at about 200°C. You do this by filling 1 side of your BBQ with coal and leaving the other side empty.
Place your skillet on the grid above the coals and let it warm up slowly.
2. Cut the celeriac first into 1cm slices and then into 1cm thick fries.
3. Add the fries to the olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite BBQ rub. I used Captain's luck.
4. Season the cutlets with salt, do not put pepper on them until afterwards otherwise they will burn and your meat will have a bitter taste.
5. Place the fries on the indirect part of the BBQ and cook for about 30 minutes. This is easier if you put the fries on a vegetable grid.
6. Melt the butter in the skillet and pour in the cognac, flambé the whole by tilting the pan and lighting the alcohol with a long match. Let the alcohol boil off almost completely.
7. Place the smelt chops on the grid and grill for about 5 minutes per side.
Add the peppercorns and the meat stock to the skillet. Add the cream and simmer on a low heat to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Dress your plate and enjoy it all!