the bastard has thrown another great challenge online: Cape Cod! The recipe is offered by the bastard itself, but we have to come up with a sauce ourselves. I have adapted the recipe a bit, the full result can be found below!
- 4 cod fillets without skin
- Coarse pepper
- 4 strands of vine tomatoes
- 600 gr tagliatelle dry
- A handful of fresh spinach
- 50g ricotta
- A skillet
- A Dutch Oven
Diner, Lunch, Kogel BBQ, Cod, The Bastard, Challenge, Pasta, Vis
1. Prepare the BBQ for directgrilling at 200 ° C. You do this by filling the entire BBQ with coal.
2. Make brackish water with a little salt and bring to the boil in a skillet with a dash of oil. Cook the tagliatelle according to the instructions on the packaging. When the tagliatelle is ready, add some fresh pepper.
3. Grill the tomatoes over direct fire and keep them warm. Put some smoking wood on the fire and grill the cod until it almost falls apart.
4. While the tagliatelle is cooking and the cod are grilling, stew the spinach in a Dutch oven until it has completely shrunk. If this is the case, drain them. Finely chop the spinach and mix it with the ricotta for the sauce. The smokewood on the fire gives your spinach an extra smoked flavor that you will also find in the sauce.
5. Mix the spinach ricotta sauce into the tagliatelle and dress the cod over it.
TIP: For fish you best use fruit wood. These give a slightly sweeter touch to your fish. Other woods can taste somewhat bitter.