Some people like to eat their ribs while others hate it. With you such a person? Then this recipe is for you!
These rib fingers are delicious as a main course, but you can also make them as a snack.
- 1 piece of St-Louis cut ribs
- Your favorite BBQ seasoning
1. Prepare your BBQ for smoking at 180°C. You do this with a kamado by using a plate setter. With a kogel BBQ you put your coal along 1 side of your BBQ.
2. Meanwhile, remove the fleece from your ribs. You do this by going over 1 of the ribs with the handle of a spoon and then prying it up. This gives you a handhold to remove the fleece with a piece of kitchen roll.
3. Cut the bones out of the meat with a sharp knife and cut the meat into strips.
Put the strips in a bowl and season generously with the rub.
4. Place a piece of smoking wood between the coals and your rib fingers on the indirect part.
Let it smoke for 1.5 hours.
5. After 1.5 hours the rib fingers are ready and you can serve them to your guests.
Optionally you can finish them on the BBQ with your favorite sauce, but I prefer to give it in a jar, not all guests are fond of sauce on their meat.