This is not a typo, I made TOINK balls! These balls are a variant of the well-known MOINK balls. At MOINK balls we use minced beef (MOO) and bacon (OINK).
I modified the recipe a bit and used minced chicken (TOK) and bacon (OINK), hence the name.
These balls are super easy to make and will run out in no time!
- 300g minced chicken
- 8 slices of bacon, smoked
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 20g breadcrumbs
- 40ml of milk
- 20g cheddar cheese
- BBQ rub (Captain's Luck)
- BBQ sauce (Firefly Competition Sauce)
1. Prepare a BBQ for indirect grilling at 150 ° C. I myself used a pellet smoker, where I set the temperature to 150 ° C in steps of 20 ° C each time. I do this to prevent my BBQ from working too hard right away, this can cause an accumulation of pellets with a blockage as a result.
2. Place all ingredients, except the bacon and sauce, in a bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Use the minced meat mixture to make balls that are slightly smaller than a golf ball and sprinkle with the BBQ rub.
4. Cut the bacon in half and wrap a slice around each ball. Secure this with a toothpick.
5. When the BBQ has reached the right temperature, place the balls on the grid.
6. Leave the balls on the grid for about an hour until they have a core temperature of about 66 ° C.
Coat them with the BBQ sauce and let it thicken until the balls have a core temperature of about 75 ° C.